Thursday, August 9

NFL Preseason: Colts vs. Seahawks

Del couldn't go to the first or the last home preseason Seahawks game so he texted Ben and I to see if we could go.  Ben couldn't because he worked that night so I asked mom if she could go and she said yes.  I told Del my mom and I could go to the Colts game and Ben might want the one at the end of the month with the Raiders.  I wouldn't be able to go then because I was going to be in Tennessee.  Del was relieved because he didn't want the tickets to go to waste and I totally understand because I wouldn't want them to go to waste either.  Even though they weren't the real games these ones were still fun to go to.

Del set me up with the tickets through the Seahawks ticket exchange (they did away with the paper tickets which was really annoying) and I was having difficulty locating my tickets on my phone.  I finally found them and saved them as a screen shot just in case I couldn't find them again.  I thanked Del and he said to pay him or either Nicole the next time we see them.  We see them about once a month so it made it easy.

The game was on a Thursday at 7 so we had to leave immediately after work.  Since I was fairly new at my job I thought it would be lame to ask to leave early.  Mom did leave work early so she could meet me at L&I.  I got out and immediately texted her asking her where she was.  She said she was almost there.  I told her to park outside the gate and we would put my pass in her window just in case.  She parked, moved her stuff to my Escape and we headed onto I-5.  We had to get as many miles behind us as we possibly can before the traffic set in.  We had a little less than an hour to get through the base.

Surprisingly, the worst traffic was between Hwy 101 and Marvin Road in Lacey.  The rest of the drive was slow in Tacoma in places and a slow spot as we entered Seattle.  Traffic absolutely surprised me today.  Mom and I decided to park in the same spot we've been parking in, the export place for $25 bucks.  I really hated that we had to pay now to park but it's better than driving around wasting time or paying a buttload more to park.  We gave the parking attendant the money, we got a card to put in our window, we grabbed our stuff and made the walk to the stadium.

We went through the security and into the field house where Touchdown City held the pregame festivities.  We walked in there not really sure what to do.  We got to the field as quickly as we could and we did have time to stand in line at American Family Insurance to get our picture taken and to get a couple of free rally towels.  We pulled our tickets up and headed up the stairs to get into the stadium.


We decided to get some food before we sat down so we grabbed some Ivar's and hiked up to our seats in the 300 level.  By the time we got there we were hot and sweaty since it was still warm outside.  You really didn't need a sweatshirt or a jacket.  Mom ended up taking her jersey off because she was too hot wearing it.  I kept mine on because we were at a Seahawks game and that's just what you do when you go to a game!


I took some time to notice what kind of fans were around me...like last time's Eagles game.  Most of the people around us were Seahawk fans except this one stupid drunk guy who was wearing a Colt's jersey and yelling stupid stuff.  He wore and wore and wore on our section so bad the ladies in front of me told the kid to shut the f**k up.  I laughed so hard I almost peed myself.  The kid was such in his own drunken world he really had no idea the people around him were really sick of him.  He almost made the experience being there a horrible one.

The Seahawks struggled.  I know it's preseason and they were deciding who to keep and who to let go of as the summer went on.  I am so competitive and I always want my team to win preseason or not.  It sucks when we lose because I know we are one of the better teams in the league.


We lost to the Colts 19-17.  We tried to win it at the end and fell short.  We were disappointed. I sat there and waited for that moron to leave.  I really wanted to hit him but I didn't because of all the consequences that could happen.

I really didn't have high hopes on our season this year because we got rid of a lot of great players, some of our players were hurt and will our rookies and new guys meld with the team's chemistry?  I sure hope so but I wasn't going to hold my breath.  I made my schedule for the season and put it on the Seahawk wall at home.  I picked which ones we should win, ones that we might have trouble with and ones that we probably won't win but you never know.  I sure hope they proved me wrong.  Anyway we were in for an interesting season.

Mom and I walked down the stairs into the concourse and followed the ramp back out towards the back of the stadium and walked down the street between Safeco Field and Century Link to the pedestrian walkway.  It didn't take us long to get to the Escape.  And now the fun begins....Traffic to get onto I-5 south.  We got on eventually and I always forget what lane I had to be in.

As we got closer to Lacey and saw that we had to wait for some construction near the Martin Way and College exit.  Of course everyone waits to merge over and then causes more of a mess than it was to begin with.  It drives me crazy.

We got to the L&I lot and I dropped mom off at her Expedition and made sure she had all of her stuff with her.  We both got home after midnight.  I was tired and I really hoped I survived at work the next day.  Good thing it was Friday!

Go Hawks!

Next Adventure:  The Worst Day of My Life

No comments: