Tuesday, August 7

Erika Moved In Again

Last summer we went and got Erika from Nevada and moved her back here.  She lived with us for about six months before moving in with her boyfriend in Rochester.

Things, over time, just weren't working out and she knew she had to leave to get away from the situation.  On morning at work I got a text message asking if she had to if she could stay at my place.  I told her I would have to ask Ben but I'm sure it would be fine.

Mom called me shortly after asking me if I heard what was going on and I said, she messaged me telling me that she might have to move out.  She was undecided at this point.  Mom told me that she was getting off of work early to go help her pack.  That escalated quickly.  I told them to put stuff in the garage and that I would be home around 4:30 to help move the stuff inside the extra room.

They made two trips.  They stuffed as much as they could into Erika's car and mom's Expedition.  By the time I got off work they had finished up unloading the last bits of stuff out of mom's vehicle.  We all sat in the driveway while Erika explained the situation.  Basically, no one should have to walk on egg shells everyday without an explanation, endure contradictions and refuse to better yourself when you have the resources to do so.


Emmett is pretty happy to be back.  Here he is begging for food.


Mom headed home and I helped Erika settle in to the bedroom.  That was quite a job because I had to move several things out of the closet, some furniture and Erika wanted the bed oriented in the room differently.  It took me a while to find places for all the things we had stored in that bedroom.  The room we were using as an office basically became a "hoarders" room.  I would have to find a day or a weekend to go through some of it so it wasn't as bad.

We figured out rent and bills and let her know what she was responsible for and she was totally fine with it.  Plus, we got to save some money as well so it worked out well for everyone.  I also added to clean up the yard more often when Emmett poops out there.

This summer was probably the hardest period of time we've ever had to deal with and it seemed like there was no end to it.  It was wearing on all of us.  You could see it was taking a toll on us physically and mentally.

Next Adventure:  NFL Preseason:  Colts vs. Seahawks

No comments: