Saturday, November 1

Halloween Party with Friends

We always try to get a head start on figuring out costumes for Halloween and each year we lose track of time and end up scrambling to get a costume lined up. This year was busy and we lost track of time...again. However, we had part of a costume we were going to do for our 90's themed party we had a few years ago. All we had to do was finish it.

I looked at the pieces we did have and what all we needed to finish them. We had the T-shirts with the logos on them and had some of the knee and elbow pads as well as the khaki shorts. We had to find another set and was going to check the Goodwill. I had the helmets and all they needed was spray painted gold, so I had Ben purchase some gold paint. I checked several Goodwill's in the area for knee and elbow pads and came up bit for relatively cheap. The only other thing we needed was to make pendants of life, which was pretty easy to do with a printer, some scissors and some sort of a string to drape them over our necks like we were wearing them. I also made us some name tags. We had to look official.

By the description of what I was describing, all you Millennials and GenX'ers might have guessed we were contestants on the game show, Legends of the Hidden Temple. Anyone younger than that might not know what that show was.

It took a couple days for me to assemble both costumes. Most of it was spray painting the helmets gold.

My friends and I decided to have our Halloween party the day after Halloween mostly because Celeste works on Saturdays and she and Isaac host Halloween at their house. It worked best for them to do it on Saturday night. She told us to come over around 6 with costumes, food and games. The food never disappoints nor do the games we play. It's always a good time.

Ben and I assembled the food we were supposed to bring, an extra table and the folding chairs. We headed into Tumwater and backed into the driveway so the boys can unload the table and folding chairs. They made quick work of it.

We went inside and helped finish up the dining room with Celeste. I went into the small bathroom and changed into my costume. Luckily, this one was easy to get into and didn't have a ton of parts.

We took group photos and individual/couple's pictures before we ate and played games. Ben and I went as contestants on Legends of the Hidden Temple, Megan was a llama, Nicole was a K-Pop character, Del was a space guy, Celeste was a witch, Isaac went as Jason, Lindsay was a Harry Potter character and Justin wore a cloak - I wasn't actually sure what he was. The only good spot in the house was the staircase, and it was a place we could all fit. We took several pictures and picked out the good ones.



We all grabbed some plates of food and made ourselves comfortable around the table. We played various games including our favorite one - Telestrations. That one seems to get out of hand when we all get together. We have some memorable drawings over the years that we still talk about. That night was no exception. We had some funny ones that made you almost pee your pants.

We always stay way too late when we have a game night. We helped Celeste and Isaac move the furniture back into its place, put away food and took the extra chairs and tables out to the Escape. I asked Megan to make sure she lets us know when she gets home since she is the only one who lives out in Rainier still...which is a longer drive than we all had currently.


We thanked Celeste and Isaac for hosting Halloween, and we looked forward to next year, which will be on actual Halloween! That meant, I have to start thinking about a costume here pretty soon since we always run out of time. Time flies.

Next Adventure: Seattle Seahawks vs. Arizona Cardinals

No comments: