Mom wanted to take Brian to the pumpkin patch now that he was a little older and walking around. Last year when we took him, he was literally a potato actively wondering what we were all doing. It was fun but we knew the next year it would be more fun.
I took the Friday off, so I had a three-day weekend to do whatever I wanted. I slept in, because I really needed a good sleep, and then I got ready and met up with Erika and Mom in Tumwater at Meconis for lunch. I had my usual. Like always, my sandwich hit the spot.
We drove over to Rutledge Family Farm off of 93rd in Tumwater. We were hoping since it was a weekday, there wouldn't be that many people there. Last year we went on a Sunday and boy, was that a mistake. We pulled in and it was a little less busy than last year which was great to see. We found a close parking spot, grabbed what we needed because it was a little chilly and wandered over towards the pumpkins with a wheelbarrow and Brian's wagon. I was kinda excited to see if he would put pumpkins in the wagon.
We started walking around the pumpkin patch looking at the pumpkins we'd like to bring home. I called Ben to ask what shape of pumpkin he would like to have, and he told me to send him some photos and he would choose one. I sent him some pumpkins that fit his profile and he did end up picking one he liked. I put that in the wheelbarrow. We got into some of the little pumpkins and watched Brian pick them up, set them down and he did put one in the wagon. Mom and I tried putting some in his wagon and he would grab them and toss them out. We laughed hysterically.
At one point, there was a little boy, his mom and his dad picking pumpkins and he was interested in Biran's wagon. We told his parents he could push it for a few minutes. The little boy didn't want to stop, and you could tell Brian didn't want this little boy touching his wagon anymore. His parents told him to give the wagon back to Brian and they thanked us for entertaining them by sharing.
Once we found the pumpkins we wanted, including Brian, we wheelbarrowed them over to the cashier's station to be weighed. I had four smaller pumpkins and three larger pumpkins to carve at some point later on in the month. We took them to the cars and Brian got to ride in the wheelbarrow. We took the wheelbarrow back and Mom and Erika decided that we should take Brian into the kids' area to play with the available activities. We each paid an entrance fee and went in.
I bought an apple cider slushy because it looked good. We wandered around with Brian for a few minutes until he found something that interested him. Erika, Brian and I took our shoes off and bounced on the bouncy mat. It was funny watching him jump on it. Then he fell on his face. He was okay.
Erika and Brian waited their turn on the tractor ride and went around the pumpkin patch two times. Brian was having a good time unlike the other small children; they cried and wanted off. We walked over to the bubble making station and spent a good while making bubbles for Brian to poke. He and Erika swung on the swings and then he saw the talking tractor, and we watched the tractor for a bit. It made Brian smile.
It was getting late and Erika needed to take Brian home so he could get in a nap. Erika thanked us for coming out and getting pumpkins with them. I got back into the Escape and Mom followed me in her Expedition, we hit up the Walmart in Tumwater, drove out to Lacey to check out Hobby Lobby and Michael's for a couple of things. I headed home so I could make dinner and Mom drove back out to Rainier.
Next year, I am excited to see how Brian is at the pumpkin patch. We will be weeks away from meeting the new baby at that point.
Next Adventure: Mom and Dad's Birthday and Pumpkin Carving with Liz, Maddy and Isla














No comments:
Post a Comment