Sunday, January 7

Fantasy Football Champion in Both Fantasy Leagues!

I am finally a Fantasy Football Champion in both my leagues for the 2023-2024 football seasons.  I have been playing for over 15 years and I have won only one other time. But this was a huge milestone, both leagues!  That is very hard to accomplish!

I was very lucky to get the players I got in the draft and traded around throughout the season. This year Ben and I were able to be the league's commissioner for our main league with Willmarth.  Our main goal was to take down Kevin, who somehow cheated the last two years and won, to prevent him from threepeating.  We made darn sure he wasn't going to do it.  I honestly couldn't care less who won as long as it wasn't Kevin. 

I started off slow earlier in the season but after some trading, watching Sportscenter, fantasy stuff on the internet and doing some research, I was able to make good choices.  It was frustrating when I did lose because it was by less than 3-5 points each time.  

The other league, Heather's family's league, was crazy each week.  Ben and I were definitely the dominant teams.  For some reason every time I played against Josh, his running back from the Bears would do very well, rack up points and I would lose to him.  

In Family Fantasy Football, as I Want to Play a Game, I went 10-4-0. In Blood Sweat and Beers, as Bitey McFinFace, I went 7-5-2, yes, I had two ties during the regular season.  Those made me very upset.


When it came down to the playoffs, I was put up against Willmarth in our league and Ben in Heather's family league.  I was able to outplay both of them.  My fantasy players showed up in the last two weeks of the season.  I beat Willmarth 152-111 and beat Ben 256.14 to 243.22.  Of course, I rubbed it in.

Earlier during the season, Ben thought we needed a trophy to pass around to the winner.  The trophy literally came two weeks before the playoffs ended.  We unboxed it to see what it looked like, and it was awesome.  I had gone to the Goodwill earlier that season as well to find a trophy for Heather's League.  We let her know that her league now had a trophy to pass around.  

With the conclusion of the last regular season NFL game, I was crowned Fantasy Football Champion and yes, I did a photo shoot with my trophies. It was amazing!







I am hoping to do just as well next season.  Bring it on!

Next Adventure:  Doug's Cookie Monster Birthday Party

No comments: