Monday, December 3

My Yakima Visit, December 3

I awoke to two dogs jumping up and down on me with excitement.  For a moment I had forgotten where I was.  Then I remembered that I helped Shannon walk/throw balls for the dogs down at the park, especially for what happened yesterday with Fletcher.  I grabbed my warm clothes and Shannon suggested that I bring gloves because it was cold outside.  The windshield had frost on it.

We went down to the park and she walked Fletcher around and I threw the ball a couple hundred times for Zoey.  We were there for about 45 minutes and we came back up the hill.  I ate cereal while she got ready for work and he got ready for his eye appt.  I was just going to wear what I had on.  I grabbed my wallet and my phone and my book.  I knew I would have to wait while he did his appt.

So I sat there in the warm waiting area reading my book.  I struggled so hard to keep awake.  Somehow I managed to stay awake the entire appt.  We got in the van, headed down the hill to the bank and then back to the eye clinic.  From there, we went to downtown Yakima to the Money Tree for a money order.  I guess the Yakima rotary club organized a fundraiser between Cougs and Huskies and the Cougs won.  Banners, flags and paint were placed all over downtown Yakima on Main Street.



We went to look but they weren't done yet.  We will have to go tomorrow.  We drove up to his Dr.'s office to pick up some medicine.  Then we went home and had cinnamon rolls and bacon for lunch.

We struggled to stay awake but ended up passing out for a few hours.  They have an awesome couch until the dogs wanna sleep on you.  Shannon came home around 4 and started making dinner.  We went and picked up a few things he wanted off Craigslist.  We watched Monday Night Football, Redskins and Giants while we ate penne pasta, Willmarth's birthday dinner.  A little while later he wanted a milkshake from Major's, a restaurant down the hill.  He got banana and Shannon and I got strawberry.

We watched TV, talked about stuff, went through pictures, went to the basement and went through his "picking" stuff and messed with the dogs for a while.

I read my book and went to bed shortly after.

No comments: